Updated - 25/05/2018
Definitions and interpretation
- Data - Collectively all information that you submit to Advance Yacht Systems Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Cookies - A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).
- Advance Yacht Systems Ltd, we or us - Advance Yacht Systems Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 9 Fernacre Business Park whose registered office is at Budds Lane, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 0HA. Advance Systems, Advance Vehicle Power & Advance Off-Grid are trading names of Advance Yacht Systems Ltd.
- UK and EU Cookie Law - Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Advance Yacht Systems Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Advance Yacht Systems Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
- Website - https://www.advanceyacht.co.uk/, https://www.advance-systems.co.uk/, https://www.advancevehiclepower.co.uk/, https://www.advanceoffgrid.co.uk/ and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
"including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
1. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
1. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Advance Yacht Systems Ltd is the "data controller".
2. We will retain any Data you submit for 14 months or as long as required by law.
3. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
4. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
5. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
6. We will not sell, trade or rent any of your personal data (Exception see Changes of business ownership and control).
Third party websites and services
1. Advance Yacht Systems Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
2. We may have to disclose information about customers to our professional advisers to obtain professional advice.
4. Regularly Used Third Party Services:
Function – Website Host / Provider
Data – Where an online order has been placed or an account created: Name, Address, Email Address, Phone Number, Account Password (optional), Purchase History
Function – Payment Provider / Fraud Screening
Data – Name, Address, Email, Phone Number, Stored Card Details (optional), IP Address
Function – Payment Provider / Fraud Screening
Data – Name, Address, Email, Phone Number, IP Address, Breakdown of Order
- Geo Targetly
Function – Targeted Content Based On User Location
Data – IP Address
- Delivery Companies
Function – Order Fulfilment
Data – Name, Address, Email Address, Phone Number
Function – Email Provider
Data – Name, Email Address, Any Other Data That You Send Via Email
- Google Analytics
Function – Online Analytics Provider
Data – IP Address
- Google Documents
Function – Online Form Submission Storage
Data – Name, Email Address, Any Other Data That You Submit Via an Online Contact Form
Function – Newsletter Provider
Data – Where you have signed up for a newsletter or notification: Name, Email Address
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
2. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
3. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
1. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
1. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing / deleting your Data
1. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Advance Yacht Systems Ltd (where such Data is held).
2. You may request the deletion of personal data that we hold. In some circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal data.
1. Data security is of great importance to Advance Yacht Systems Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any Data collected.
2. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
3. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data online, our website uses 2048 bit SSL encryption and our checkout page is Level 1 PCI Compliant and uses 128 bit SSL encryption. However, transmission of information over other sources may not be secure and is done at your own risk.
2. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
3. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Advance Yacht Systems Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you.
4. This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies - These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
5. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
6. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
7. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
1. We rely upon a number of means to transfer personal information which is subject to the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in accordance with Chapter V of the GDPR. These include:
- Privacy Shield. We transfer, in accordance with Article 45 of the GDPR, personal information to companies that have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks (each individually and jointly, the “Privacy Shield”).
- Standard data protection clauses. We may, in accordance with Article 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal information to recipients that have entered into the European Commission approved contract for the transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area.
- Other means. We may, in accordance with Articles 45 and 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal information to recipients that are in a country the European Commission or a European data protection supervisory authority has confirmed, by decision, offers an adequate level of data protection, pursuant to an approved certification mechanism or code of conduct, together with binding enforcement commitments from the recipient to apply the appropriate safeguards, including as regards data subjects’ rights, or to processors which have committed to comply with binding corporate rules.
3. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
4. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Advance Yacht Systems Ltd by email at email@example.com.